Access and Parking – The quotation assumes ease of access and parking adjacent to the house
for loading and unloading.
Apartments and Town Houses – An additional charge is added for premises with difficulties or apartments above the first floor.
Heavy Items : Please inform us in advance of any heavy lifting required such as pianos and safes and any likely difficulties with a large removal vehicle so we may make provisions which may be chargeable.
There is an additional charge of £50 for Sunday moves.
We do not disassemble or re-assemble any furniture or undertake any services such as the disconnection of a washing machine and/or lighting unless arranged prior to the moving date.
Waiting for keys at the new property may incur an additional charge. We will not charge for the first hour of waiting but each hour therafter will incur a £50 per hour waiting time charge.
Standard Insurance (included for goods up to £5000 in total value)
All items in the move with a value over £250 must be specified in advance.
Insurance cover is extended to indemnify the insured against loss or damage to household removals arising from any fortuitous cause during loading or unloading of the conveying vehicle or transit therein but excluding:
1-a) Loss or damage to food & drink, furs, jewellery, watches, precious metals and precious stones, deeds, bonds, Bills, of Exchange, Promissory Notes, Money or securities for money stamps of all kinds, Manuscripts and other documents.
1-b) Loss or damage caused by or arising from wear, tear, gradual deterioration, mildew, moth, vermin, or any progress of cleaning, repairing or restoring.
1-c) Loss or damage to self-assembly furniture unless dismantled prior to the day of removal and paid for.
1-d) Mechanical or Electrical derangement unless caused by external means.
1-e) Breakage of owner- packed goods unless caused by a major accident to the means of conveyance.
1-f) Loss or damage occurring in premises where the goods are stored or warehoused, unless the cover is granted elsewhere in this policy.
2) In the event of loss or damage to any article forming a pair or set, the indemnity granted hereunder shall be limited to the proportionate value that that article bears to the total value of the pair or set and no additional depreciation shall be paid.
3) Provided always that if at the time of an event resulting in a claim under this extension the value of the goods shall exceed the amount stated in the policy schedule the Company will only be ~ responsible for such proportion of the loss as the amount stated in the said schedule bears to the actual value of the goods.
4) It is a condition precedent to liability under this extension that the Insured shall obtain a value inventory in respect of the goods, prepared prior to commencement of transit and signed by the owner of the goods.
5) Any discrepancies and complaints should be notified to the company in writing within 48 hours of the move.
6a) In the removals industry, limited liability is standard practice because the mover does not know the value of a customer’s goods.
6b) We encourage all our customers to take out insurance to cover themselves against losses greater than the limits set out in our terms and conditions and for risks where they have no rights of recourse against the removal contractor.
Please check your Home or Contents insurance policy as many home insurance policies already cover you for all risks with regards to your removal.
7a) Our company excludes liability for jewellery and other similar items
7b) We limit the company’s liability to £40 per item in the event of loss or damage caused as a result of our negligence
7c) We limit the company’s liability to £75 per premises in the event of damage to your premises
7d) We exclude liability for owner packed goods other than negligence.
7e) We specifie the time limits for submitting claims for loss or damage.
7f) Jewellery, cash and other items should not be included for removal.
When packing you need to consider the following:
8a) We are responsible for the loss or damage caused by our negligence. Goods may be damaged by other causes over which a removal contractor has no control.
8b) Secondly, our limit of liability is £40 per item or box and this will not be enough for some items.
Our company recognises that its customers need proper financial protection and offers insurance to cover goods while they are being loaded, transported and unloaded by us. If your move involves storage, this can be arranged.
What Type of Insurance Do I Require?
9a) Our company recommends to all customers that they take out Full “All Risks” – insurance.
This does not literally cover anything that may happen, but does include cover for damage by breakage, vehicle accidents, fire, storm and theft.
9b) If something is totally lost or destroyed you will be paid the new replacement value or the item will be replaced as new. If the item can be repaired, the insurers will arrange this if it is cheaper and gives a satisfactory result.
Like for Like Insurance – (Cost 5% of Total Value of goods)
10a) Claims will be settled on the basis of the new value minus an allowance for age, wear and tear.
10b) The excess on this insurance is £50 of any claim.
10c) Don’t under-insure. Check the value of your goods.
10d) You must calculate the value of your goods. This is your responsibility, because neither we nor the insurers know the value of your property.
Claims Time Limit
11) For goods delivered by , our company, claims must be notified within 48 hours of delivery. Insurers will refuse to pay claims if you do not adhere to these time limits.
Provision of service
12) We will do our best to provide service to you by any date we have agreed with you but we do not guarantee to do so.
Mechanical and Electrical Items
13) It is not possible for our company or insurers to check that electrical goods are working before a move takes place and insurers obviously have no responsibility for pre-existing damage.
This means that insurers will only pay for mechanical and electrical breakdown or derangement if there is obviously damage to outer casings.
Packing your Goods
14) Insurers will not pay for the loss or damage to goods packed by the customers, only if there is total loss of a consignment.
Our insurance is specially tailored for customers needs and we strongly advise that you purchase “Like for Like” Insurance at 5% of total value to avoid disappointment.
If you have any questions or queries please call us to discuss
15) Your Removal Quotation letter / email is valid for a maximum period of 3 months.
16) Part load deliveries will be shipped to the final destination warehouse at our convenience
Charges if you postpone or cancel the removal
17) If you postpone or cancel this contract, we may charge according to how much notice is given.
17a) More than 14 days before the removal was due to start; NIL
17b) Less than 14 days, but more than 8 days before the removal was due to start; 30% of the removal charge.
17c) Less than 8 days before the removal was due to start; 60% of the removal charge.
17d) On the day before the move 100% of the removal charge.
TEL: 01279 260660 MOB: 07789 435112 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org